18 Wheeler Truck Accident
Semitruck accidents can be extremely serious and sometimes fatal.
If you are in the Pecos area and have been involved in an 18 wheeler truck accident, you have the right seek out legal assistance that will best benefit you during this trying time.
You may be eligible for financial compensation, but to obtain the money you deserve for your injuries and your the resulting suffering / hardship, you want the help of our truck accident lawyers with years of experience at your side.
A West Texas semitruck / 18 wheeler accident attorney at Carabin Shaw is waiting to answer any questions you may have during your free initial consultation.
Common Semitruck Accident Injuries
Before speaking to a lawyer, it may be helpful to learn more about common injuries and settlement considerations before planning your Pecos trucking injury claim. Some common injuries of truck collisions include:
- Neck and Back
- Back pain can range from discomfort to dislocated discs of the spine, spinal fractures, spondylolisthesis, and more
- Neck injuries may include lacerations, soft tissue damage, abrasions, complications resulting from whiplash, etc.
- Head Injuries
- Concussion, contusion, traumatic brain injury, severe facial injury, etc. (watch for confusion, nausea, vision problems, and cognitive difficulties)
- Broken Bones
- Seat-belt injuries
- Although used as a safety protection, seat belts can cause damage to the torso, abdominal injuries, internal bleeding, chest injuries, and more
If you have sustained any injuries due to a semitruck accident, it is imperative you track any medical costs or lost wages from work.
Reaching a Settlement
A settlement is an official agreement determining an amount of financial compensation to the victim.
Here are some factors considered while allocating a settlement amount:
- Property Damage: Property damage means the damage that is done to your personal property (in this instance, a vehicle). This does not refer to any bodily or medical damage.
- Medical damages and cost: Alludes to the amount of bodily damage done. It is important to keep track of medical costs during this time.
- Lost Wages: You may be compensated for any wages that you cannot make during this time. In addition, you may be eligible for impaired earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Considers emotional stress and trauma you have suffered because of your accident.
Speaking to a semitruck accident lawyer in Pecos is a great way to begin determining how much financial compensation you may be eligible to receive.
Looking for a Truck Accident Lawyer in Pecos?
If you decide to seek legal counsel, there are a couple of things worth considering before choosing your attorney for the case.
Specialty: It is imperative you work with a specialized Texas truck injury attorney. This insures their knowledge of personal injury and traffic laws.
Location: Hiring an Pecos lawyer is convenient for you because it limits travel time to see your legal counsel. Additionally, they will be familiar with traffic laws regarding your area and Texas state laws more broadly.
Professionalism: You want the best to represent you. At Carabin Shaw, our team of Pecos trucking accident lawyers are on your side and are invested in your well being. Our free consultation is a testament to our commitment to you.
West Texas semitruck
When looking for a West Texas semitruck / 18 wheeler accident attorney, it is worth considering working with a legal professional in your community.
Working alongside an Pecos truck attorney guarantees that they will be aware of relevant legislation and traffic laws pertinent to your case. If you need a team of Pecos trucking accident lawyers, then consider hiring the lawyers at Carabin Shaw.
With an office in Pecos, you can guarantee you’ll be receiving guidance pertinent to your case. Contact our Pecos truck accident lawyers today at 1-800-862-1260.