Derailments or Roadway Rail Crossing Accidents
El Paso serves as a touchstone for domestic and international railway systems.
Although this has benefits to the economy and may provide convenience for travel, it can have its dangers as well. The U.S. Department of Transportation reports that collisions or derailments cause the most serious injuries in train accidents.
Derailments or roadway rail crossing accidents can cause serious damage and even kill the once involved. These kinds of accidents can lead to severe injuries or death. If you or a loved one has been involved in a train accident, you may be able to sue for damages.
To learn more, continue reading, or contact the train accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw for a free consultation.
Facts About Train Accidents
- Every 3 hours, a train derailment or collision occurs.
- Many trains transport hazardous materials multiple times a day.
- There is a dire need to update and improve rail transport in today’s world.
- As many as 80% of railroad crossings lack adequate warning signs, according to the FRA.
- In the last few years, there have been more train collisions involving pedestrians.
Factors that lead to Railroad accidents
Texas train accidents are caused by the following factors, according to a study conducted by the Federal Railroad Association’s Office of Safety Standards:
- Damaged or misaligned switches
- Defective or mission-critical crossties
- Insufficient use of the hand brakes
- Violation of restrictions on speed
- Uncontrolled shoving movement
- Damaged or worn-out switch points
- Irregularly insulated switches
Train accidents Victims
Whether to an entire community, a group of people, or an individual, train accidents may have significant repercussions. These accidents can lead to injuries or even deaths. Accidents can be fatal at any given time:
A train accident victim can be:
- Those who work on railroads and trains
- Vehicle drivers or passengers crossing railroads
- Pedestrians or bystanders in train stations
Personal Injury Damages
If you have sustained injuries due to a railroad accident, then you may want to consider filing a personal injury claim. A personal injury lawsuit would deal with proving the fault of a person or group of persons as the cause of your injuries.
You sue for damages in this type of lawsuit. It is imperative to keep track of your railroad accident injury. This may include keeping records of the severity of the injury and medical bills and noting emotional pain derived from the incident. There are numerous damages or monetary cost you are awarded. The following can be considered damages:
- Medical costs
- Loss of income
- Property loss
The El Paso personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw are trained in managing cases that involve proving fault or negligence for those responsible parties on behalf of the client. Furthermore, it is worth hiring an accident attorney from the El Paso area to pursue your case.
Essential Documents For Filing A Successful Law Suit
Documenting your case carefully is the best way to strengthen your train accident case and increase your compensation chances.
This means you should maintain copies of documents detailing your injuries or the case’s details, such as:
- The police report
- Any correspondence with an insurance company
- Records about medical treatments
- Reports of witnesses
- Your own handwritten notes about the accident, if any
When to Speak with a Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a train accident, consider consulting our El Paso injury attorneys.
Because these case involve damage and injuries to your person, the case would be filed under a personal injury lawsuit. For these cases, an experienced El Paso personal injury accident lawyer would be the best fit.
Our El Paso Train Accident Lawyers Will Fight For You
Train accident Attorneys at the Carabin Shaw law office can assist in negotiating with insurance companies and filing lawsuits. They will also help in maximizing your compensation.
We can do so by:
- Investigation: Lawyers can obtain the results of any investigation conducted by regulatory bodies or police. Train accidents can be complex and might require substantial investigations. The attorneys can also get access to the records of train companies’ inspections, maintenance, and repairs. They may also use forensic analysts and trained private investigators to determine what caused the accident.
- Evidence Compilation: A successful case requires evidence to prove both the cause of the crash ( who or what caused it) as well as the injuries and damage it caused. Compiling evidence is necessary for both insurance claims and Texas train injury lawsuits.
In most cases, victims cannot get the required evidence themselves immediately after an accident. Still, lawyers can get the evidence, including investigation results, company records, personnel files, surveillance footage, and police reports. After an accident, victims may not have evidence to show, but they can request them.
Carabin Shaw – The First Choice For Injured Texas Train Accident Victims
You might be eligible to receive compensation for your recovery if you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a train accident-financially, medically, and emotionally. It is common for train companies to conceal their culpability after an accident. But the El Paso railroad injury attorneys at our Carabin Shaw law firm are well trained to investigate your claim and fight for the best possible result. Experts at our law office provide the right legal advice and representation to train accident victims worldwide to get maximum compensation for their injuries & sufferings.
Our legal team is dedicated to fighting for the legal rights of our clients. Our experienced attorney demands accountability from those responsible for railroad accident injuries and will be with you every step of the way to ensure that you win your case. We maintain the best attorney-client relationship by disclosing every move in case to our clients then and there.
Don’t wait any longer. Connect with Carabin Shaw at El Paso, Tx today at 915-779-2301, or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 and schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Train accidents, the loss of a loved one in a train collision, and livestock accidents can be strong lawsuits against railroad companies.
As a passenger, you are entitled to file a claim for injuries you sustained if a train causes injury to you, as a pedestrian or driver, as a railroad employee, or as the relative/friend of a loved one whose death was caused by a train.
The statute of limitations for filing a train accident claim is two years unless you are a railroad employee. If you are a railroad employee, the time period is three years. If it involves a public entity, the case must be filed within six months.
It is possible to pursue a settlement if you are a victim of a train accident or are a employee of the railroad company under the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA).
It is important to take certain steps to protect you and support your case if you or a loved one are involved in a train wreck and got injured by the same
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible, even if you do not feel your injuries are severe.
- Take photos of the accident scene and any visible injuries as well.
- Document details of any witnesses, including their names and telephone numbers.