Oilfield Accident Lawyers El Paso – Texas
El Paso is a Texas border city with astounding beauty and many natural resources. In Texas, the oil industry has been a major part of the labor force and economy of the city.
The U.S. Census Bureau concluded that many people living in El Paso are in jobs that form the civilian labor force landscape; a significant number of these jobs include skilled and unskilled laborers who work in the oil field industry.
In Texas, the oil industry at the Permian Basin and other locations has been a major component of the labor force and economy of the state.
Why Would You Need An Oilfield Accident Lawyers In El Paso, Texas?
Oilfield jobs are among the most physically dangerous ones; according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, 823 oil and gas extraction workers were killed on the job between 2003 and 2010, concluding that fatality rates have not changed much since the 1990s. If you’ve recently been injured in an oilfield accident near El Paso or if a loved one has unexpectedly passed due to an oilfield accident, you deserve compensation that is yours by law and help you in your recovery. Don’t rely on insurance companies to fight for you and your family; trust our experienced oilfield accident lawyers.
Because of how quickly the labor demand grows in the El Paso area, training tends to be rushed and poorly executed, making an oilfield accident in El Paso, West Texas, more likely to take place. In fact, the fatality rate is seven times greater for workers in this field than the average for U.S. workers in all other industries.
Types of Oilfield Accidents and Injuries May Include
- Vehicle collisions
- Struck-by / Caught-in / Caught-between
- Explosions and fires
- Confined spaces
- Ergonomic hazards (Musculoskeletal damages often resulting from repetitive motion which injure muscles, ligaments, tendons, etc.)
- High pressure lines and equipment
- Electrical and other hazardous energy
- Machine hazards
- Planning and prevention
What are the Common Factors for Oilfield Accidents in El Paso?
The number of active rigs has more than doubled since 2016, and quick demand has led to more safety risks for workers. Oil rig injury lawyers understand that most oil production companies prioritize profits rather than the safety of their workers. El Paso injury lawyers witness cases of serious injuries as a result of this attitude at alarming rates. Some common factor for the El Paso oilfield accident include:
- Poor or complete lack of training for workers
- Extreme heat / Naturally desertic climate
- Cheap / Faulty equipment
- Response time to accidents / Accessibility to remote drilling locations
Filing an oilfield injury claim can be complex and nerve-wracking. Oil companies tend to be prepared for the worst and have a large team of Texas oilfield accident lawyers. You need a team of accident attorneys from Carabin Shaw on your side.
El Paso Oilfield Accident Can Cause Serious Injuries or Illness
Getting injured while working in an oil field will have serious consequences for oilfield workers. The different personal injury that may happen because of an oilfield accident include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries that cause complete or partial paralysis
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
- Illnesses are caused due to exposure to dangerous and toxic gases present in an oilfield.
- Death in extreme cases
Lasting Effects Of Oilfield Accidents on Oilfield Workers
Personal injury or illness caused by an oil field accident can have a lasting effect. It will cripple your life and will lead to many expenses and losses due to medical bills, lost wages. Some lasting effects of an oilfield accident may include:
- Loss of days at work, especially if the duty involves physical exertion in the oil field.
- Loss of wages during the corresponding time.
- The financial toll caused due to lost wages, medical bills, hiring injury attorneys, and future medical care required for treatment.
- The short- or long-term effect on your physical health.
- Harm to your mental health.
- A decline in quality of life.
The oil and gas industry is a challenging sector to work in, and you need an attorney to help fight your case in court in case of an accident. You may be able to work, but you have the right to a good settlement that will alleviate the losses incurred due to the accident.
Hiring Our El Paso Oilfield Accident Lawyers Can Help Victims
If you or a loved one have been a victim of an oilfield accident in West Texas, our attorneys at Carabin Shaw are experienced in oilfield injury cases and will help you get the compensation you deserve. The consequences of a tragic and unforeseen circumstance are irreparable, but there are resources attorneys can provide that will make the processing outcome much easier.
- Determining whether a company has a current workers’ comp insurance program
- Determining whether you are eligible for filing a lawsuit
- Filing a claim for workers compensation benefits
- Making sure employers cover the costs for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost / Missed wages
- Ongoing care
- Funeral / Burial costs in the case of death
- Permanent disabilities
Free Consultation: Carabin Shaw Attorneys
Carabin Shaw Law Firm has a team of lawyers prepared to answer any questions you may have in regards to your case.
Our lawyers understand that when a person is grief-stricken, injured, or under stress, dealing with legalities adds to this weight. Our priority is getting our clients the resources they need to restore their quality of life.
Don’t wait for companies and employers to pressure you into settling for anything less; it’s important to remember that the law is on your side. Call our offices to schedule a free consultation today.
Frequently Asked Questions
The oilfield industry is one of the leading industries around El Paso, Texas, and is the main driving force for jobs. It is a dangerous and challenging field that is riddled with accidents and can also lead to wrongful death claim. The oil workers in the Texas oilfield are aware of the risk, and they must know that injury attorneys are here to help.
You must contact our law firm and speak to an injury attorney to understand your case and the actual compensation you may be entitled to. The initial settlement will always be less. It is a normal procedure followed by the oil company to alleviate the accident’s blame.
Oilfield accidents lead to serious injuries and financial losses. The impact of the accident will diminish the mental and physical capacity of oil workers. An experienced accident lawyer in El Paso, Texas, will help you take on the case and fight your right to compensation while you take time to heal from your pain and suffering. Apart from free consultation, some of the tasks performed by injury lawyers are
- Assess your case, provide legal advice, and help file a claim
- Collecting evidence that will make the case strong
- Obtain witnesses and expert testimony
- Help in filing a workers compensation claim
- Initiate lawsuit in the court
- Submit all legal documents
- Deal with insurance companies and make court appearances
An experienced injury lawyer will negotiate well and defend your case in court to get the compensation you rightfully deserve.
The different at-fault parties involved in an El Paso oilfield accident are the insurance company, employers, contractors, managers, and product manufacturers.